Marketing and Sales
What are Marketing and Sales in today's world, which is experiencing profound changes in economics? With growing actors like China, India or even Africa it is challenging for any Brand to win market shares and to be unique, innovative and moreover profitable. And in the Digital world the potential market is now global. The rules have changed! The customer is in a state of uncertainty in front of the product choice. You have to disrupt the customer's thinking about your business and products. Today's Marketing is not about responding to a need, it is about creating one.
Baselworld is the leading event for the watch and jewellery industry with more than 90.000 visitors. My responsibilities were to assist the Brand Manager for Switzerland and the VP Sales during B2B Sales meeting in order to present the upcoming watch collection for the middle range Brand MIDO. I was also leading meetings on my own for the Swiss Market and International clients during the 2015 Edition.
Dancewearcentral.fr SEO results
The following graph shows the evolution of visits from January to en of June. Dance Central website has went online on February but as you can see the website only began to take off in March. Late April I struggled keeping my keywords rank well because of the Google updates but visits remained at 120-130 visits a week. During May I optimized the website for the latest Google Panda Updates and Dance Central have not been hit by the Penguin update. From mid May the website had 260-280 visits a day, and the sales began to grow weekly.
De Dietrich Ad campaign
I came up with a radically new design in order to enhance the Brand's image by using a black background and a different layout. This Ad campaign promoted our unique product, the Piano hob but also our partnership with Benoît Violier, Gault & Millau chef of the year 2013. This campaign was also translated in German by myself.
Habitat Jardin 2013
Habitat Jardin is major fairs in the Romandie with over 500 exhibitors and key players in these markets throughout the Expo area Beaulieu Lausanne. We had an exhibition area of over 200m2 with the whole De Dietrich 2013 collection, but also a Show Kitchen in partnership with the magazine l'Illustré. I was involved in the stands design and product placement regarding the competitors stands. During the fair I was in charge of the technical aspect of the cooking shows (light, sound, video) but also advised visitors about our new products
Parcours Gourmands 2013
This major Golf event associates Switzerland's most beautiful Greens with the Gastronomic Cuisine of the most renown chefs from the Gault & Millau. De Dietrich was a major partner for this event organized by the ASGI (Association Suisse des Golfeurs Indépendant). The chefs cooked a light meal for the golf players on De Dietrich appliances on the green at the 9th hole. I was fully in charge of the organization of the different kitchens we've installed for 9 events. I also ensured the promotion of the upscale Brand De Dietrich. We had a great media Impact and improved with this event the Brand's high end image.
SRS Bienne Voile Offshore Yachting
Bienne-Voile is a offshore regatta sailing project with the aim of preparing a racing team to participate at the Tour de France à la Voile on the one-design sailboat M34 International class. I have joined the team for the Tour de France 2013 and 2014 as forecastle. Since October 2013 I am the new Communication Officer in charge of the projects media presence.
Fon'ankizy "Coeur d'enfant"
Fon'ankizy "Coeur d'enfant" is a humanitarian aid organization based in Madagascar providing care, treatments and screening for children. I have designed a new Logo for the organization.
Junior Product ManagerPeriod: 08-2016 – Today
ResMed Schweiz GmbH, Basel Stadt, Switzerland
Junior Product Manager Masks and OTC
• B2B Product launches: successful launch of the AirFit F20 and AirFit N20 Cpap Mask systems
• Business development: implementation of the Swiss eCommerce platform mySleep.resmed.com as a direct to patient sales channel
• Product management: production planning, quality management, complaint management, reporting to the Senior Product Manager
• Execution of various marketing campaigns of the OTC and mask portfolio in the Swiss market in B2B and B2C
• Supervising Controlled product launches of new Mask systems to test the products reception/interest before official commercial launch
Sales & Marketing AssistantPeriod: 02-2014 – 02-2016
MIDO SA , A Swatch Group Company, Le Locle, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Sales & Marketing Assistant
• B2B Sales Management: daily office administration, customer relation management, reporting to the Brand Manager
• Event Management: Co-organisation of the Basel World Fair 2014 in the Sales Management field
• Monitoring of the Marketing Campaigns in Switzerland, Germany and Austria, Mediaplan coordination
• Implementation of a Newsletter. Design and analysis of the newsletter campaign report
• Coordination of POS opening including logistics,POS material, watch assortment for new store
Marketing AssistantPeriod: 11-2012 – 02-2014
Brandt Suisse SA, a Fagor Group Company, St-Blaise, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
• Operational Marketing: daily office administration, customer relation management
• Event Management: co-organized Habitat Jardin 2013 and was in charge of the Golf Event Parcours Gourmand 2013, a partnership with the ASGI.
• Designing and updating nationwide sales and marketing materials such as the german De Dietrich catalogue and flyer, the Brand advertisement campaign for 2013.
• Trade Marketing: Participate in the implementation and management of marketing campaigns
• Implementation of a new Newsletter system.Design and analysis of the newsletter campaign report
• Website content administration with the CMS database of the Fagor Group
Marketing & Sales assistantPeriod: 01-2012 – 07-2012
Roch Valley Ltd. Heywood, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Marketing & Sales assistant
My main missions were to improve web visibility for two multi-lingual E-commerce websites, including the Brand website TheZone. I also had to do the Internet/telephone order processing and provide a customer service.
• Search engine optimization (SEO) in French and German for www.Dancewearcentral.fr.de and www.zone-gym.de.fr/
• Website administration in German and French with a content management system
• Monitoring theZone Newsletters
• Translations of the product descriptions and other content in French and German
• Social media activity on theZone facebook page
• Sales and customer service(CRM)
Master MIC-AIPeriod: 2010–2012
Master MIC-AI, Degree in Intercultural Management and International Business
UHA Faculté des sciences économiques, sociales et juridiques
Intercultural management is becoming a major asset in the global economy where international stakes become increasingly predominant. This master Degree with three major fields in business management, intercultural management and foreign languages (French, German, English) helps to understand international markets together with their cultural differences, participate in developing internationalization strategies for companies and also optimize human relations inside firms. I have also acquired a extra competence by studying a third foreign language, in my case Japanese, and the international context of the Asian market and culture.
• International Marketing: Case studies, Marketing Strategy, Business plan
• Project Management: Co-organized of a Kimono Exhibition
• Intercultural Management: Theoretical knowledge, role play
LEA EI BachelorPeriod: 2009–2010
LEA EI Bachelor Degree in applied languages and economics
UHA Faculté des sciences économiques, sociales et juridiques
This Bachelor have a dual expertise in languages and economics. The aim of its program is to form a multi-skilled professional, aware of the intercultural context in order to support the establishment or development of domestic enterprises on international markets.
• Business language in German French and English, negotiation, interpretation
• Marketing, Economics
• International logistics, Import/Export, Incoterms(ICC2010), Risk Management
LLCE BachelorPeriod: 2006 – 2009
LLCE Bachelor, German Studies and Linguistics Degree
UHA Faculté des lettres, langues et sciences humaines
The courses are designed to offer an open and intellectually enriching approach through their multidisciplinary nature. I have chosen a specialization in German linguistics, ie. historical linguistics, semiotics, grammar and complementary disciplines as modern history and philosophy
Facility ManagementPeriod: 07-2009 – 09-2009
Johnson Controls Automation, Novartis, Basel, Switzerland
Facility Management, Electrical Engineering
• Updated the electrical building documentation for the archives
• Programming automatic shutters in order to improve the energy efficiency of office buildings
DUT SRCPeriod: 2005 – 2006
DUT SRC Communication and Network Services, Technical University Degree
UHA Institut universitaire de technologie
The DUT SRC is multidisciplinary. It covers several areas of expertise such as communication, digital technologies, graphic design and marketing.
• 2D and 3D graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Web design (Dreamweaver)
• Audiovisual production (Premiere, After Effects)
• Economics, management, law and marketing